3rd Quarter Blog

Hi Mr. B and Doc Oc! This is my favorite post from this quarter :)

Friday, October 31, 2014

The Frightening Numbers of Halloween

As Halloween is today, I thought about all the preparation and work so many people put into this fun holiday.  For me, it was a grand total of about 10 minutes right before school, last minute desicion to be a 'lax bro.'  However, when I was younger I remember thinking ahead months in advance and making sure that I would have the perfect outfit.  My 8th grade year was crazy as I realized that I had to spend $50 on a leather jacket.  However, much to my shock, American's will spend about $7.40 billion on all Halloween products in just 2014.  Alone, $2.8 billion will be spent on costumes.  Adding on to that, about $350 million is spent on animal costumes. It is estimated that nearly four million more people are going to celebrate Halloween this year than did in 2013.
Expenses and Statistics for Halloween

In the picture on the left there are all the statistics and numbers of how much was spent on Halloween in 2014.  It also talks about top costumes for the year.  It is interesting to see that 20% of people make their own costumes.  I love to go out and see all those super cool and well thought out costumes.  However, there is one thing that I didn't come across in my research, but what I heard on the radio; Apparently a very popular costume this year was an ebola patient and or a 'sexy ebola nurse'.  It seems funny to me that people are making such light of a serious situation. Hopefully people will think it's clever and not get too terrified by the epidemic.



No comments:

Post a Comment