3rd Quarter Blog

Hi Mr. B and Doc Oc! This is my favorite post from this quarter :)

Friday, February 27, 2015

Do You Know How To Use A Typewriter?

The other day, my grandma sent me a link to this very amusing video. It is a quick 7 minute and 52 second video that really got me thinking.  It is about how kids react to a typewriter.  They show the kids the typewriter, ask them if they know what it is and then proceed to ask them to use it.  It is amazing to watch because it makes me think about how much technology has developed.

If I were in these kids place, I would not know how to use it.  You always here a parent or a grandparent use the phrase, "You guys have it so easy, in my day..." fill in the blank.  I think that it is incredible that we have discovered these technological advances that make it possible to say that we have it so easy now-a-days.  My favorite part of the video is at 7:09 when the boy says, "and I'm gonna be 80 and be like, "Back in my day, we only had Ipads"  

I think it is mind-boggling and yet so amazing that technology continues to grow and advance that we are going to think that using an Ipad was hard.  I'm just intrigued to see what becomes the next "typewriter" and what becomes the new "Ipad."

No comments:

Post a Comment