3rd Quarter Blog

Hi Mr. B and Doc Oc! This is my favorite post from this quarter :)

Sunday, March 15, 2015

How Well Do You Know The Girl Next To You?

This past week I had the delightful pleasure of learning that my fellow classmate was not only extremely smart, but equally as talented in the arts.  A classmate that I have sat behind the whole year and who I talk to on the daily. I had no idea that she was such a phenomenal ukulele player and had the most beautiful voice to accompany the music.

We were lucky enough that she played for our class, and then I went home with her melodies stuck in my head and proceeded to stalk her on YouTube. I included a short three minute clip of her singing a cover of Bruno Mars' Count On Me.  I truly was so blown away by her singing and it really got be thinking about how I have seen her every day since the start of the school year and how until this past Friday I had never known she was so talented.  It made me think about how you think you can know someone, and then they come out and surprise you.  Learning about my classmates hidden talent made me really want to spend more time getting to know the people around me.  You never know what amazing things people can surprise you with.

You can "count on me" to be at all of her concerts when she is famous!

No comments:

Post a Comment