3rd Quarter Blog

Hi Mr. B and Doc Oc! This is my favorite post from this quarter :)

Monday, April 27, 2015

Freakout #2: Full Draft Due Thursday

I am stressing a little because today in class Doc Oc told us that we would have a full draft of our entire paper due Thursday.  I am very stressed because I still feel like I haven't read "widely or deeply" enough as we have been told to do.  Reading widely and deeply means covering all potential answers to your why questions.  It is Monday and I have 3 nights to feel confident about my research and write this essay.

On top of that, we have to interview an expert in the field, which is really fascinating and I think I will learn a lot.  The problem is I've sent about 8 emails, and have gotten exactly 0 responses.  I am still crossing my fingers for Bernardine Dohrn, but I really get the feeling she will follow through.

I probably shouldn't be publically admitting this, but I have only written my introduction thus far and I really am feeling very overwhelemed.  It is so funny to me that everyone defines junior year with the dreaded Junior Theme. It is odd that so much of your grade in the class depends on the one paper.  I have friends in other classes whose Junior Theme was worth 25% of their final grade.  That seems crazy to me. People always warn you to prepare yourself. I think I am really starting to understand why people hate this dreaded paper so much.  Wish me lucck.

No comments:

Post a Comment