3rd Quarter Blog

Hi Mr. B and Doc Oc! This is my favorite post from this quarter :)

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Dog Days Aren't Over

I know I am a little late on the news, but I keep seeing something that is making me so sad, dogs are getting infected and dying from the flu.  The article I was reading today said that the flu was now in 12 states!

The number one concern of many people was that they would get the flu.  However, people cannot get the dog flu.  To date, there is no evidence of transmission of dog flu viruses from dogs to people and there have been no reported human infections with the canine influenza viruses,"

As the article goes on to explain, the flu is spread from nose to nose contact between dogs, which is bound to happen when you see two dogs play with one another.  Dog owners were told to avoid dog parks and keep a tight leash on their dogs if they wanted to help avoid the spread of this outbreak.
Puppy eyes are cute, but not when they look at you because they are miserable.  Keep those dogs safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment